July 13, 2023
Dear IHM Families,
As we are preparing for a new school year at Immaculate Heart of Mary School, I want to personally welcome your family to another great year of learning and growing in knowledge and faith. We are excited to welcome many new students and families, as well as a few new staff members. We are so happy that you and your students are a part of our amazing community!
For our new families, we are excited that you will be a part of our school family here at IHM, and look forward to getting to know you better.
Linked to this email, you will find the following – please save this email or these files in order to access them when you need them:
- 2 Handbooks – K-8 Family Handbook and ECE Handbook
- 23-24 Calendar
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up Information
- Back to School Open House Flyer
- Sports Letter – pertains to grades 5-8
- Supply List
It is important to maintain a working email, and check it regularly for communications from IHM School. The teachers and office communicate primarily through email, and every Wednesday through the school year you will receive an Eagle Express email with school communications, and a folder in your child’s backpack if there are any hard-copy forms to share. If you don’t maintain email, you will very likely miss important information. You are always welcome to come to IHM to use our computers to check your email.
The building is busy this summer, with our ECE Summer Program and Summer Camp, as well as Vacation Bible School. The 4K classroom has a new tile floor for easier cleaning, and the bathrooms in the Elementary hallway are getting a complete overhaul!
I have hired a few new staff members. Ms. Lesley Goff will be working with our Special Needs Scholarship Program in a few middle grades. Ms Goff says “ I am so thrilled to be joining the IHM team for this school year! I attended IHM when I was in school! I began working here as an after school care teacher last fall and absolutely fell in love with being surrounded by such kind, wise and caring kiddos and teachers. While my college education prepared me for song writing and recording, taking me from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA, I’m discovering an additional passion for being nearer to home and with children.”
Mrs. Sherri Stouffer will be working with SNSP as well as in the ECE Afterschool Program. Mrs. Stouffer says “My name is Sherri Stouffer, and I am so excited to be a part of the IHM team. I have 7 years experience as a pre-school teacher, and I love working with children. I love art projects, the messier the better, and I believe all art tells a story. I cannot wait to find ways to have a positive impact on the kids and the community here. My daughter attended IHM and I know this school is an amazing place to be!
Welcome to Ms. Goff and Mrs. Stouffer!
The full, updated calendar is available on Google Calendar at this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ihmcalendarmonona%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FChicago or search for email@example.com from your own Google calendar. Please copy this link into your browser and bookmark it right now. To start, below is a list of the days you may want to put on your calendar, and some other very important information:
- If you have not completed the Online Enrollment Packet on FACTs, you will receive another email with the instructions today. It is due this Saturday, 7/15. Delaying this enrollment packet has many consequences for your student, including keeping them off of teachers class lists, and delaying tuition set up and Free/Reduced lunch availability. All levels, ECE, MG 4K Wraparound, and K-8th grade, need to complete the enrollment packet online. Please let the school office know if you need help completing the process.
- If you are a Monona Grove School District resident that needs bussing, fill out the form for Nelson Bus by July 31st here: https://forms.gle/9ZDRfMXWkggfDpmz5 . If you have specific questions regarding busing, please call Nelson Bus Service at 608-221-8417.
- Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:30 PM will be the Early Childhood Education Parent Orientation, for parents of 3K, 4K, and 4K wraparound (parents only please, no children). Please attend to meet the teachers, learn the logistics, and get your questions answered!
- You can order K-8 uniform items (ECE does not require uniforms) from Lands End here: https://www.landsend.com/co/account/school-uniforms?selectedSchoolNum=900122326. All items listed there are appropriate for school. Our used uniform store, The Eagle’s Nest, will have open hours July 16th from 9:00-10:15. Watch your email for more Eagle’s Nest details and open hours!
- All parents and students are invited to Back to School Night on Monday, August 28th! This is an open house style evening for ALL of our students in every level! Drop by for a few minutes between 4-6 PM. The purpose of Back to School Night is to gather as a school community, have the opportunity to meet new families, renew old acquaintances, meet your child’s teacher and bring in school supplies. If you have specific concerns or items that will take longer than a few minutes, it would be best to communicate with the teacher by email before Back to School Night. Teachers emails are available through the FACTs Parent Portal.
- That same evening there will also be a Middle School Orientation Monday, August 29th from 5:30-6:00 in Mrs. Derks’s classroom. Orientation is compulsory for ALL 6th Grade and NEW 7th & 8th Grade students and parents to cover the exciting new adventures that await in Middle School!
- The first tuition payment for the 2023-2024 school year will be automatically deducted using your FACTS account on August 20th or 25th, according to your choice. If you delay completing the enrollment in FACTs tuition, your account may take more time to set up, enrollment in the Free/Reduced lunches program may be delayed, payments may start in September or October instead, and your payments will be divided among the remaining months. Incidental fees (lunches, milk, field trips, ECE program cost, 4K wraparound, etc.) will be billed monthly on the 25th, no matter the payment plan chosen.
- School begins for all levels on Wednesday, August 30th. 4K Wraparound will only be available on that day from 10:40-5:30 (not a full day for those with a staggered start on a different day).
Thank you for your continued support of Immaculate Heart of Mary school. I can’t think of a better investment for the future of our children and community than in Immaculate Heart of Mary School. I am looking forward to the next chapter in our Immaculate Heart of Mary story. Please feel free to contact me with any questions through email at firstname.lastname@example.org at the school office 608-222-8831. I really look forward to meeting all of you, and working with you through the year. I hope to see you at Back to School Night on August 29th!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal