From the Office
We hope you had a great Labor Day holiday, with lots of family time, and some relaxation. You all deserve it!
Next Tuesday, September 14 we will have an all school mass celebrating the Feast day of the Exhaltation of the Holy Cross! Students are invited to bring in a crucifix from home to be blessed by Father Chad.
Picture Day is coming up on next Thursday, Sept. 16th! Capital School Pictures will be here that day to take pictures of all of our students! That day is also a no uniform day, so kids can dress up for pictures. You can order picture packets online at their store here: www.capitalschoolpictures.com (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LINK ON THE PICTURE FLYER IS INCORRECT – AND ORDERS SHOULD NOT COME BACK TO SCHOOL – ORDER ONLINE, OVER THE PHONE, OR ON THE WEBSITE ABOVE) See the flyer for more details! All students will be photographed, even if they have not ordered a picture packet.
Monona Grove 4K Families, please be aware that the Monona Grove 4K students will have TWO pictures days, next week Sept. 16 and Oct. 11. The MG School District is having pictures taken by Lifetouch, and they need to take 4K pictures for the yearbook they offer (on Oct 11), and our pictures are through Capital School Pictures, and we need them to take pictures for our systems and yearbook (on Sept 16). There is NO OBLIGATION to order a picture packet from either company. If you would like a picture packet, you can choose which company to order from.
IHM School is raising funds for Afghani refugees, led by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades! Please see the linked flyer for more information, and consider donated to one or more of these efforts to support people in need!
A reminder for who to contact when:
- If you have a financial question, or a question about FACTS contact Mr. Bernie Heit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at his parish office at 608-221-1521 x7004.
- If you have a classroom question, or need to let a teacher know something, email the teacher directly, or call the main office line to leave them a message. The teacher directory, with their emails and extensions, is available in your FACTs account under “Directory.”
- If you have a general question, need to let IHM know about something logistical (appointment, drop off, etc.), or don’t know who to contact, email Mrs. Winter at email@example.com or call the main office line (leave a message on the general office voicemail if you don’t get through – Mrs. Winter gets those messages.) If she doesn’t handle it, she will know who does and will connect you with the right person.
- If your child has an appointment and has to leave early, come late, or is sick or going on vacation and won’t be coming at all, please email Mrs. Winter at the above address (she will share it with the teacher, or feel free to include the teacher on the email as well) or call the school Absence Voicemail, before 8:30 AM on that day, or before.
Of course, I am always available to parents, but I do appreciate if you can contact these others first – they are all experts in their fields, and are better suited than I am to answer questions in their areas of expertise!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Callie Meiller, Principal
- There are “No-Uniform” days about every two weeks on the calendar! These will apply to our Kindergarten through 8th grade students (there is one tomorrow, Thursday Sept. 9th). Even though there are no uniforms required, clothes should still be appropriate for school. Thank you for your support!
- The rest of the September menu will be available on Friday – we will send it then, and update it on the website!
- FACTs allows you to find staff and family contact information! Log into your account, find “Directory” on the left hand menu, and there are tabs on top for Staff and Students! Parent contact is only shared if allowed in the enrollment form, and is only available to other IHM parents behind a password-protected wall.
- Eagle’s Nest Used Uniform Store Hours: 3rd Wednesday from 3:00-3:30 and 3rd Sunday from 9-10 AM. Dates are on the school Google calendar. Uniforms needed! Our Eagle’s nest is running low on uniforms. If you have uniforms that your children have outgrown, please send them back to school so we can put them in the Eagle’s Nest for others to enjoy!
Many thanks to all of our amazing, talented, kind, respectful, and reverent students! You are all doing your best every day, and we are blessed to have you all entrusted to our care!
The IHM Home & School Association will be hosting a Fall General Meeting on Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at IHM. Please refer to the attached documents for more information on the shift requirements for the upcoming Fish Fry events. More information will follow, including the meeting agenda, available shifts and the sign-up process. Please stay tuned to the Eagle Express for more information!
Kwik Trip is currently offering a 9% rebate on scrip. This means you can earn more money for IHM and your tuition. Kwik Trip also offers reloadable cards through the RaiseRight App. If you have any questions about scrip, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget, anyone who purchases scrip in the month of September will automatically be entered into a drawing for a $50 prize – your choice of cash or scrip.
Watch this space for Girl’s Volleyball schedules!
Did You Know?
Grades 6-8 have the opportunity to get extra milk at lunch time (in addition to the one milk that comes with a hot lunch). Grades 6-8 also have the opportunity to take a milk at morning break time. These extra milks will be charged to your FACTS account at 35 cents each. Please discuss with your child if you want them to take extra milk, and how many extra they are allowed. Let your child’s homeroom teacher know if you don’t want them to take extra milk. Thank you!