Eagle Express Newsletter
September 7, 2022
From the Office
We hope you had a great Labor Day holiday, with lots of family time, and some relaxation. You all deserve it!
Next Wednesday, September 14 we will have an all school mass celebrating the Feast day of the Exhaltation of the Holy Cross! Students are invited to bring in a crucifix from home to be blessed by Father Chad.
Because of our technology transition, I know I missed some emails and phone messages. I apologize for any inconvience! If you did not hear back from me about something you contacted me about in the last few weeks, please email or call again!
Picture Day is coming up on next Thursday, Sept. 15th! Our new picture people, Empire School Pictures will be here that day to take pictures of all of our students! That day is also a no uniform day, so kids can dress up for pictures. You will be able to view and order pictures on their website. There is a flyer linked below with all of the information!
A reminder for who to contact when:
- If you have a financial question, or a question about FACTS contact Mr. Bernie Heit at email@example.com, or call him at his parish office at 608-221-1521 x7004.
- If you have a classroom question, or need to let a teacher know something, email the teacher directly, or call the main office line to leave them a message. The teacher directory, with their emails and extensions, is available in your FACTs account under “Directory.”
- If you have a general question, need to let IHM know about something logistical (appointment, drop off, etc.), or don’t know who to contact, email Mrs. Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main office line (leave a message on the general office voicemail if you don’t get through – Mrs. Winter gets those messages.) If she doesn’t handle it, she will know who does and will connect you with the right person.
- If your child has an appointment and has to leave early, come late, or is sick or going on vacation and won’t be coming at all, please email Mrs. Winter at the above address (she will share it with the teacher, or feel free to include the teacher on the email as well) or call the school Absence Voicemail, before 8:30 AM on that day, or before.
- Of course, I am always available to parents, but I do appreciate if you can contact these others first – they are all experts in their fields, and are better suited than I am to answer questions in their areas of expertise!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Sign up is still ongoing for our new Prayer Partners program. This school year, Prayer Partners are asked to dedicate 15 minutes of prayer one time per month to specifically pray for the safety, health, and mission of IHM School, and its students, teachers, staff, and families. Please consider joining us in covering our school in prayer this year. Grandparents, godparents, and other family and friends are also welcome to participate! Find the sign up here: https://ihmparishmonona.flocknote.com/signup/96794
Email Claire Clemens (email@example.com) with any questions.
- There are “No-Uniform” days about every two weeks on the calendar! These will apply to our Kindergarten through 8th grade students (there is one tomorrow, Thursday Sept. 8th). Even though uniforms are not required, clothes should still be appropriate for school. Thank you for your support!
- FACTs allows you to find staff and family contact information! Log into your account, find “Directory” on the left hand menu, and there are tabs on top for Staff and Students! Parent contact is only shared if allowed in the enrollment form, and is only available to other IHM parents behind a password-protected wall.
Many thanks to all of our amazing, talented, kind, respectful, and reverent students! You are all doing your best every day, and we are blessed to have you all entrusted to our care!
Our next HSA Board meeting will be Tuesday, Sept 13th at 7pm. Message firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Mark your calendars! The HSA Fall General meeting will be on Sept 22nd at 6pm in Marian Hall. At least one parent per family is required to attend. We will have a vote for elections for the HSA board at the meeting. Open positions are:
Please email email@example.com to nominate yourself for one or more positions. Please pray about which position(s) you’d like to try. Being on the HSA board is fun and beneficial to YOUR children!
Kwik Trip is currently offering a 9% rebate on scrip. This means you can earn more money for IHM and your tuition. Kwik Trip also offers reloadable cards through the RaiseRight App. If you have any questions about scrip, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch this space for Girl’s Volleyball schedules!
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
School Pictures Flyer
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?Grades 6-8 have the opportunity to get extra milk at lunch time (in addition to the one milk that comes with a hot lunch). Grades 6-8 also have the opportunity to take a milk at morning break time. These extra milks will be charged to your FACTS account at 35 cents each. Please discuss with your child if you want them to take extra milk, and how many extra they are allowed. Let your child’s homeroom teacher know if you don’t want them to take extra milk. Thank you!