From the Principal
We are officially up and running! Welcome to all families, continuing and new! We are excited for a great year of learning, faith, and fun!
Each week on Wednesday, important communication from the office will come home via the Eagle Express email. Make sure to check for links below! Forms that need to be returned, and flyers not available electronically will be sent home in a green Eagle Express folder in your child’s backpack PLEASE SIGN & SEND THE GREEN FOLDER BACK TO YOUR CHILD’S CLASSROOM ON THURSDAY. IHM communicates primarily through email, so please make you have access to email, and be sure to check your email at least weekly or you will miss information that you will need. If you would like the Eagle Express sent to an additional email address, please email Mrs. Winter at email@example.com she will add it to the address book. If you would like something sent in the Eagle Express, please follow the submission guidelines linked below.
I would like to suggest that you take the time right now to make a separate folder in your email program for the Eagle Express emails, and save them as soon as they come, so they will be available when you need to look at them.
4th Grade teacher Mrs. Lipski’s mom passed away last Saturday. Please keep her family in your prayers.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
– Callie Meiller, Principal
- Please follow the guidelines for dropping off and picking up students from our back playground. We have a lot of new families, so these first few weeks the line may be a little slow – please be patient! Please do not pull in front of another car in the line, and if you are going to take more than a minute unloading, or if you have to come into the school for any reason, please park in the parent parking lot behind and between the gym and the church. Student safety is our top priority!
- At 3:15 all students should be picked-up, walking home, or going to Homework Club or Afterschool. There are no staff members available to supervise children outside of those programs. We understand that parents may occasionally run late – if that is the case please call the school office to let us know. All students still at school after 3:15 will be sent to Homework Club or Afterschool with no parent phone call, parents should pick up from that program, and they will be charged the amount due for the program. If you need to discuss the cost of the program or your situation, please feel free to contact the office.
- Picture Day is Wednesday, September 19th. Please send a picture packet form with your child that day (or before) even if you don’t want to order a picture packet. Uniforms are NOT required on picture day.
- Remember, the Smart Tuition withdrawal date for tuition and fees is the 20th of the month. If you have any questions about Smart Tuition, please call their toll-free number 1-888-868-8828.
Thank you to all who helped with our beautiful new playground: Matenaer Family, Engelhart Family, Freng Family, Lipski Family, Meiller Family, Marc Laudonio, Mike Schenk, Kevin Steffens, Nathan McGree, Brad Scanlan, Nicholas Liegez, Jerry Noble, Brown Family, James Rausch, Russ Jenkins, Ashley McGree, Hartung Family, Luke Meinholz, Steve Marshall, Juan Torres, Bernie Zwettler, Lorimer Cushman, Dave Showers, & Don Regina! Words can’t express how much we appreciate your help!
Fall Sports start soon! Watch this space for IHM Sports Schedules!
Home & School Association
Reminder to all 2018-2019 K-8 Families: The fall General HSA Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 12 at 7 PM in Marian Hall. One parent/guardian from each family is asked to attend this biannual mandatory meeting to learn about, provide input and vote on upcoming events, proposed budget, and fundraising plans. There are many opportunities to get involved! We look forward to seeing you there and hearing your feedback and new ideas!
– The HSA Board
The first Trivia Night Committee Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 18 at 7:30 in Marian Hall! Please come if you’re interested in helping plan this important fundraiser!
This week’s links (at the bottom of this email)
- Eagle Express Submission Guidelines
- “What is Scrip” Flyer,
- Scrip Calendar
- Order Form
- Homework Club Information (Grades 4-8)
- “Let’s Code It” Class Flyer (Grades 2-8)
- “Let’s Build It” Class Flyer (Grades 1-6)
This week’s hard copies (in the green folder in your child’s backpack)
- Picture Packet Envelope