Eagle Express Newsletter
September 28, 2022
From the Office
You may have seen the “Handle With Care” letter in the media from two Missouri teachers that reads:
“If your family is experiencing diffiulties at home, we would like to provide additional support at school. We understand that you are not always able to share details and that’s okay. If your child is coming to school after a difficult night, morning, or weekend, send us an email that says “handle with care.” Nothing else will be said or asked. This will let us know that your child may need extra time, patience, or help during the day.”
We invite our parents to use this system to communicate to teachers. Of course, we handle with care every day, so this will let us know to handle your child with extreme care!
We have a new spirit wear store, but it is only open until Oct. 9th, so order soon!https://badger.chipply.com/ihm/. Only the hoodies and fleeces are approved uniform, worn over a regular uniform shirt.
In the next few weeks, IHM teachers will be teaching the Diocese of Madison personal safety program “Circle of Grace” to Grades K-8. There is a letter and FAQ about the program linked below, as well as an “opt out” form. Please let me know if you have any questions about the program!
Parents, you are welcome to to stay afterschool to use the playground with your children. We ask that if you plan on staying please follow these guidelines:
- The playground opens after all students have been picked up and the teachers go back inside.
- Please keep your kids with you, on the parking lot between the “pick up zone” and the gym, until the playground opens. Teachers need to discern who is there with a parent, and who is still waiting for a ride. If students are waiting with their parents, it makes the teachers jobs a lot easier!
- We ask that no bikes cross the car line, including parents! Bikers should ride along the side of the blacktop by the playground to avoid crossing the car line.
- Please do not cross lines of cones with your car. They are there to protect students that may be in the area.
Thanks for your help with keeping pick up safe and following the guidelines!
As a reminder, if your child has an appointment and has to leave early, come late, is sick or going on vacation and won’t be coming at all, please email Mrs. Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or your child’s teacher or call the school Absence Voicemail (608-222-8831, press 1) before 8:30 AM on that day, or before. If you know your child will be gone more than one day, one call or email is enough, but if you did not communicate multiple days off, please continue to contact us every day until your child is back.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Empire Photos has finished editing photos, and sent out emails to parents yesterday. If you did not receive an email from them, please contact Empire directly at: email@example.com.
- The School Office is going to be closed daily from 11:30-12:00 for Mrs. Winter and Mrs. Meiller to eat lunch and supervise the lunchroom. If you are not expected, you may need to wait if you ring the doorbell at the time. If you call, please leave a message. We would appreciate if you are picking up a child for an appointment, to please do do before 11:30 or after 12:00. Thanks for your understanding of this change!
- Tuesday, October 4th is the feast of St. Francis! To celebrate, Fr. Chad will be offering a Pet Blessing at pickup that day. We hope to see you and your pets just before pickup at 2:45!
- On Friday, October 7th, IHM is excited to be hosting a Holy Mass for the Consecration of Schools, Bishop Hying presiding! Because of the limited space, only the IHM 8th grade, and the teachers, will be attending. Per the Diocese of Madison parents and students in other grades are not invited to the mass due to limited space. The Mass will be livestreamed for our other classrooms to watch, parents can watch here: https://youtu.be/du_hWNUyscM
- Remember to send in your gently worn coats, hats, mittens, gloves and snow pants (sizes infant to adults) for Koats for Kids. You may drop these items off in the barrels in the church or school through Friday October 7th. Thank you so much for making this winter a little warmer for those in need!
- If your child is playing volleyball this fall, a $50 volleyball fee will be withdrawn on Oct. 25th unless you have requested a scholaship.
- Bucky Books are now available for purchase to benefit the IHM Middle School Washinton DC trip! If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
Goodwill has pledged $250 worth of used Lands End uniforms from their stores to restock our Eagle’s Nest supply! Thank you Goodwill of South Central Wisconsin!
Special thanks to those who joined us last Thursday night for our Fall General HSA Meeting! It was great to see so many parents come together to support the HSA and its mission! For those who were unable to attend, please review the slideshow linked below for some important information and upcoming event dates. More information will follow next week on how to sign-up online for Fish Fry shifts.
For the 2022-23 School Year, a new HSA Board was elected as follows:
Jessica Stainbrook – President
Ashley Littel McGree – Vice President
Sehade Sejdini – Treasurer
Elizabeth Tomev – Secretary
Special Note: Auditions for the Prairie Fire Theater (PFT) production will take place during the school day on Monday, October 31st , and students will be dismissed at their regular time on this day.
Saturday, October 1
8:00 6th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at Sacred Hearts
9:00 8th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at St. Dennis
3:00 6th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at Madison Country Day
Sunday, October 2
12:00 8th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at St. Dennis
1:00 8th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at St. Dennis
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Circle of Grace Letter, FAQ, and Opt-Out Form (Pertains to Grades K-8 ONLY)
HSA Slide Show
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?
Sr. Sue is running the IHM Student Council again this year!
Congratulations to the new Student Council members: