From the Office
Thank you for support IHM School’s fundraising for Afghani refugees this week, led by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades! Send in coins for our Coin Collection, send $2 on Friday to dress down that day, or buy Kona Ice in the parking lot after school on Friday!
The first few weeks of school are an adjustment for everyone, students, parents, families,and teachers! I wanted to share a few tips from our counselor, Mr. Marty Keane, about how to support your students through this adjustment. These are Marty’s suggestions:
1. If your child comes home with complaints or challenges about classmates, ask if they want you to just listen, or if they need you to get involved. Often they just need to vent, and listening will be the only thing you need to do. Teachers are fully equipped to handle small disagreements at school without getting parents involved.
2. If your child wants to take action, determine if it’s an issue that they can handle themselves (using their words, telling adults, etc.) or a larger issue that you need to get involved in.
3. It may help to wait 24-hours, to give yourself time to separate your own feelings from your child’s feelings, and to think about what you would like to do and what you would like from the school: either by supporting your child by talking about the actions they can take themselves, or contacting your child’s teacher, Mr. Marty, or myself.
4. Please feel free to contact us if you need our help!
Our IHM School 5th Grade Class is once again collecting gently worn coats, hats, mittens, gloves and snow pants (sizes infant to adults) for Koats for Kids. You may drop these items off in the barrels in the church or school through Friday October 8th. After counting the items, we will deliver them to Klinke Cleaners, where they will be cleaned and donated to the Community Action Coalition and distributed to families who need them. Thank you so much for making this winter a little warmer for those in need!
Thank you for support IHM School’s fundraising for Afghani refugees last week led by the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades! Check out the Did You Know section below for the final results.
Monday, October 4th is the feast of St. Francis! To celebrate, Fr. Chad will be offering a Pet Blessing at pickup on Tuesday, October 5th. Please read the attached flyer for more information.
I am happy to say that I have hired a new PE teacher, Mrs. Patricia Johnson, who starts next week Monday. Mrs. Johnson has a Master’s in Education and comes to us from the Reach Dane and Beloit School District 4K programs. Please say hello to Mrs. Johnson!
Because parents have been asking, during this cold and allergy season, here are the guidelines for symptoms and whether to send students to school or not:
Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours
- New loss of taste or smell
*Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 3-5 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
Remember to send in your gently worn coats, hats, mittens, gloves and snow pants (sizes infant to adults) for Koats for Kids. You may drop these items off in the barrels in the church or school through Friday October 8th. Thank you so much for making this winter a little warmer for those in need!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Callie Meiller, Principal
- It’s not too late to order pictures. You can order picture packets online at the Capital School Picture store here: https://capitalschoolpictures.square.site/
- Remember, the FACTS withdrawal date for tuition and fees (including 4K wraparound and ECE tuition) is the 20th or 25th of the month, depending on what you day you chose. All incidental fees (including afterschool, lunches, etc.) are withdrawn on the 25th of the month.
- Please be aware that if you drop your child in the back of school before 7:45 AM they are unsupervised. Supervision on the back playground starts at 7:45. Before school starts at 7:00 AM, and is $2 per day. Before School students should be dropped off at Door #2 (the front gym door).
- Bucky Books are now available for purchase! Coupons and deals for groceries, entertainment, dining, golf, the Wisconsin Dells, and more! Bucky Books are $35 each. Proceeds earned from sales go towards the IHM Middle School Washington DC trip. If interested, please email email@example.com and she will have a middle school student get in touch with you. Thank you for your support!
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
Many thanks to Mrs. Heidi Walters, our amazing chef! She is working hard to provide a variety of healthy, delicious lunches, all with a sprained foot this week! We appreciate Mrs. Walters and all of the extra steps she is taking to help keep IHM students well fed!
Grades K-8 Parents: HSA looks forward to seeing you tomorrow night (Thursday, September 23rd) at the Fall General Meeting at 7 p.m. in Marian Hall!
If your family will be using the childcare available during the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and ages of the children who will be attending by noon tomorrow (September 23rd).
Prior to the meeting, please become familiar with the attached shift descriptions, dates, and times of the Fish Fry events to help the shift sign-up process run smoothly (linked below). Paper and pen will be available to write down your shifts as you sign up, and those listing an email address will receive an e-mail confirmation of your sign-up in 1-2 weeks.
This Thursday and Friday is Thankscripping! If you make online Scrip purchases on these two days, there are extra rebates! Email email@example.com if you have any questions about Scrip.
Saturday, Sept. 25th
8:00 6th Grade at IHM
10:00 6th Grade at IHM
12:00 7th Grade at St. Jerome
1:00 7th Grade at St. Jerome
Did You Know?
Thank you to everyone for donating to our service project to raise money for the Afghan refugees. Thanks also for joining us for the Kona Ice truck, it was great to see so many people from our community gathering after school.
Thanks to all of our wonderful students, families, and staff we collected $1690 in cash and $635 in gift cards for Afghani Refugees!! We are so proud of our students for rallying to help people in need. We will be able to share how it will be distrubited next week.