From the Office
You may have seen the “Handle With Care” letter in the media from two Missouri teachers that reads:
“If your family is experiencing difficulties at home, we would like to provide additional support at school. We understand that you are not always able to share details and that’s okay. If your child is coming to school after a difficult night, morning, or weekend, send us an email that says “handle with care.” Nothing else will be said or asked. This will let us know that your child may need extra time, patience, or help during the day.”
We invite our parents to use this system to communicate to teachers. Of course, we handle with care every day, so this will let us know to handle your child with extreme care!
Monday, October 4th is the feast of St. Francis! To celebrate, Fr. Chad will be offering a Pet Blessing at pickup on Tuesday, October 5th. We hope to see you and your pets then!
In the next few weeks, IHM teachers will be teaching the Diocese of Madison personal safety program “Circle of Grace” to Grades K-8. There is a letter and FAQ about the program linked below, as well as an “opt out” form. Please let me know if you have any questions about the program!
Parents, you are welcome to to stay afterschool to use the playground with your children. We ask that if you plan on staying please follow these guidelines:
- The playground opens after all students have been picked up and the teachers go back inside.
- Please keep your kids with you, on the parking lot between the “pick up zone” and the gym, until the playground opens. Teachers need to discern who is there with a parent, and who is still waiting for a ride. If students are waiting with their parents, it makes the teachers jobs a lot easier!
- We ask that no bikes cross the car line, including parents! Bikers should ride along the side of the blacktop by the playground to avoid crossing the car line.
Thanks for your help with keeping pick up safe and following the guidelines!
As a reminder, if your child has an appointment and has to leave early, come late, is sick or going on vacation and won’t be coming at all, please email Mrs. Winter at email@example.com and/or your child’s teacher or call the school Absence Voicemail (608-222-8831, press 1) before 8:30 AM on that day, or before. If you know your child will be gone more than one day, one call or email is enough, but if you did not communicate multiple days off, please continue to contact us every day until your child is back.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Callie Meiller, Principal
- If your child is playing volleyball this fall, a $50 volleyball fee will be withdrawn on Oct. 25th unless you have requested a scholarship.
- It’s not too late to order pictures. You can order picture packets online at the Capital School Picture store here: https://capitalschoolpictures.square.site/
- Remember to send in your gently worn coats, hats, mittens, gloves and snow pants (sizes infant to adults) for Koats for Kids. You may drop these items off in the barrels in the church or school through Friday October 8th. Thank you so much for making this winter a little warmer for those in need!
- Bucky Books are now available for purchase to benefit the IHM Middle School Washinton DC trip! If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:Cough
Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
Fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours
New loss of taste or smell
*Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:Congestion or runny nose
Muscle or body aches
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 3-5 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
Thank you so much to the volunteer helpers in our kitchen at lunchtime! Mrs. Walters, the staff, and all of the students really appreciate your help! They are:
Carie Rogers, Shirley Diedrich, Travis Rugg, Trisha Hebert, and Elizabeth Lynch!
Thank you to all the parents who attended the HSA General Meeting on Thursday evening! We had a record turnout this year! All parents of IHM students in grades K-8 are automatically members of the Home and School Association, and so regardless if you were able to attend or not, it’s important that you are informed about HSA’s mission, activities, and vital role in fundraising for our school. Please review the attached HSA minutes from the meeting and email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Saturday, Oct. 2
10:00 7th Grade at St. Maria Goretti
Sunday, Oct. 3
12:00 6th Grade at St. Dennis
2:00 6th Grade at St. Dennis
3:00 7th Grade at St. Dennis
Did You Know?
Sr. Sue is running the IHM Student Council again this year!
Congratulations to the new Student Council members: