Eagle Express Newsletter
September 14, 2022
From the Office
Our IHM School 5th Grade Class is once again collecting gently worn coats, hats, mittens, gloves and snow pants (sizes infant to adults) for Koats for Kids. You may drop these items off in the barrels in the church or school through Friday October 7th. After counting the items, we will deliver them to Klinke Cleaners, where they will be cleaned and donated to the Community Action Coalition and distributed to families who need them. Thank you so much for making this winter a little warmer for those in need!
The first few weeks of school are an adjustment for everyone, students, parents, families,and teachers! I wanted to share a few tips from our counselor, Mr. Marty Keane, about how to support your students through this adjustment. These are Marty’s suggestions:
1. If your child comes home with complaints or challenges about classmates, ask if they want you to just listen, or if they need you to get involved. Often they just need to vent, and listening will be the only thing you need to do. Teachers are fully equipped to handle small disagreements at school without getting parents involved.
2. If your child wants to take action, determine if it’s an issue that they can handle themselves (using their words, telling adults, etc.) or a larger issue that you need to get involved in.
3. It may help to wait 24-hours, to give yourself time to separate your own feelings from your child’s feelings, and to think about what you would like to do and what you would like from the school: either by supporting your child by talking about the actions they can take themselves, or contacting your child’s teacher, Mr. Marty, or myself.
4. Please feel free to contact us if you need our help!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Please be aware that if you drop your child in the back of school (or they walk and arrive) before 7:45 AM they are unsupervised. Supervision on the back playground starts at 7:45. Our Before School Program starts at 7:00 AM, and is $2 per day. Before School Program students should be dropped off at Door #2 (the front gym door).
- New families who paid a $200 enrollment fees will have a $100 credit on their account as soon as there are charges. If you had no charges for Sept, or only had less than $100, you will see the remainder of the credit on coming months. New families who have not paid an enrollment fee will see a $100 charge on Sept. 25th. Returning IHM families do not receive a credit for their enrollment fee.
- For those who used the ECE summer program, August ECE will be charged to your September 25th FACTS withdrawal.
IHM School will be covered with prayer every day of the school year! Thank you for your prayers! A big thank you to Claire Clemens for bringing this idea to life! You can still sign up to pray—never too many prayers! Sign up at: https://ihmparishmonona.flocknote.com/signup/96794
Mark your calendars! The HSA Fall General meeting is TOMORROW, Sept 22nd at 6pm in Marian Hall. At least one parent per family is required to attend. We will have a vote for elections for the HSA board at the meeting.
Saturday, September 17
8:00 8th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at IHM
10:00 8th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at IHM
11:00 6th Grade Girl’s Volleyball at IHM
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
IHM Library Intro Letter
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?Picture Day is coming up tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 15th! That day is also a no uniform day, so kids can dress up for pictures, all students will be photographed. Empire Photography will contact you by email after Thursday with your own webpage to view the pictures and place orders so please watch your email!