Eagle Express Newsletter
August 31, 2022
From the Office
We are officially up and running! We were so happy to welcome all of our families into the building for Back to School Night! Welcome to all families, continuing and new! We are excited for a great year of learning, faith, and fun!
We kicked off our school year today with an all school prayer service with Fr. Chad! We are blessed to be able to start our school year with prayer!
Each week on Wednesday, important communication from the office will come home via the Eagle Express email. Make sure to check for links at the bottom of the email! Forms that need to be returned, and flyers not available electronically will be sent home in your child’s take home folder or in your child’s backpack. IHM communicates primarily through email, so please make you have access to email, and be sure to check your email at least weekly or you will miss information that you will need. If you would like something sent in the Eagle Express, please follow the submission guidelines linked below (will send next week due to item in next paragraph). I would like to suggest that you take the time right now to make a separate folder in your email program for the Eagle Express emails, and save them as soon as they come, so they will be available when you need to look at them.
Please be patient with us over the next few months as we transition all of our technology after Dr. Maynord’s retirement. Phones, email, and all computers (staff and students) are being moved over to new systems, and there will inevitable be bumps! If you can’t get through on the phone, please email, and vice versa! We are sure it will all be running smoothly very soon!
I am still interviewing for our PE Teacher job! We will start the school year with Plan B – Myself, Mr. Wagner, and another teacher sharing the role. I will let you know when I hire someone!
On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Please follow the guidelines for dropping off and picking up students from our back playground for K-8, Door 2 for ECE and 4K. We have a lot of new families, so these first few weeks the line may be a little slow – please be patient! Please do not pull in front of another car in the line, and if you are going to take more than a minute unloading, please park in the parent parking lot behind and between the gym and the church. Student safety is our top priority!
- At 3:15 all students should be picked-up, walking/biking home, on the bus, or going to Homework Club or Afterschool. There are no staff members available to supervise children outside of those programs. We understand that parents may occasionally run late – if that is the case please call the school office to let us know. All students still at school after 3:15 will be sent to Homework Club or Afterschool with no parent phone call, parents should pick up from that program, and they will be charged the amount due for the program. If you need to discuss the cost of the program or your situation, please feel free to contact the office.
- Picture Day is Thursday, September 15th with our new school photographers, Empire Photography! Ordering information will be coming home soon! All students will have their pictures taken that day, regardless if you order a packet or not. Uniforms are NOT required on picture day.
- Remember, the FACTS withdrawal date for tuition and fees is the 20th or 25th of the month, depending on what you day you chose. All incidental fees (including before and afterschool fees for K-8 students, lunches, field trips, etc.) are withdrawn on the 25th of the month. If you have any questions about FACTS, please call their toll-free number 1-866-441-4637.
- FACTs allows you to find staff and family contact information! Log into your account, find “Directory” on the left hand menu, and there are tabs on top for Staff and Students. Parent contact is only shared if allowed in the enrollment form, and is only available to other IHM parents behind a password-protected wall.
Thank you to all of the families who have decided to send their kids to Immaculate Heart of Mary School! We know we will have a fantastic school year!
The Home and School Association (HSA) at IHM exists to enhance opportunities for all students. Primary functions include organizing/sponsoring special events and fundraising. All parents of IHM students are members of the HSA body. The HSA board meets monthly on second Tuesdays, and will be meeting next on September 13th at 7:00 pm. Please join us! It’s a fun crew and we’re always in need of fresh input.
Mark your calendars! The HSA Fall General meeting will be on Sept 22nd at 6pm in Marian Hall. At least one parent per family is required to attend. We will have a vote for elections for the HSA board at the meeting. Open positions are:
Please email email@example.com to nominate yourself for one or more positions. Please pray about which position(s) you’d like to try. Being on the HSA board is fun and beneficial to YOUR children!
The Scrip Program is used by the HSA for fundraising without selling. The HSA buys gift cards to 1000’s of retail stores, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. for a discount, you pay face value, and the difference is split between the HSA and your tuition account! Starting this year, all K-8 families are required to purchase enough Scrip to total $250 in profit for the HSA per year, or need to make up the difference with cash.
Click here to buy Scrip online: https://www.shopwithscrip.com/ or use the RaiseRight app. If you’re new, click “Join Program” and enter the IHM Code: 25E2C3AL7477 (if you already have an account, you will not need this code).
Kwik Trip SCRIP bonus of 9% will be going on from September 3rd – 30th!! This is a great way to earn SCRIP rebates to reduce or eliminate your HSA fee of $225 that will be charged at the end of the school year for K-8 families. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is someone in your household not getting our emails, even though they are on our list? Try these tips:
1) Check your Spam folder, and change the filters on your email program to redirect those emails to your inbox.
2) If you use Gmail, check your “Promotions” folder, and change your filters.
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Eagle Express Submission Guidelines (will send next week)
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?If you want to volunteer at IHM School in any way, even as a field trip chaperone, the Diocese requires that all volunteers complete the Online Virtus Program, if you haven’t already. Head to www.virtus.org to register (click on “First Time Registrant” on the left.)