From the Office
Just a few things today, because we will see you tomorrow:
Back to School Day for all Grades ECE, 4K, and K-8
is tomorrow! If you haven’t yet, please sign up for a slot for your family (one slot per family!): https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4fa4a72ca31-back
. Please sign up and plan to come in, even if your students are going to be virtual.
It will be a time for you to check in with the teacher and drop-off or pick-up!
ECE and Middle School will have virtual orientations on Thursday, July 27th.
If Emergency Order #9 does NOT get overturned, IHM WILL BE AVAILABLE IN-PERSON ( barring further orders!) for child care for our students after Sept. 8th. We will be operating as a Collaborative Learning Program Child Care Environment, with our teachers as the highly-qualified child care professionals. Please trust us that our very qualified staff will do everything they can for your children under the requirements of the order. There are no extra child care fees for next week (K-8), or if we continue under the child-care model.
We touched base with Nelson bussing
this week and this is what they reported to us: “We are still able to bus 4K to 2nd graders. We will continue to bus 3rd grade to 8th grade when Emergency Order #9 is lifted or defeated. Feel free to call me with any questions and or concerns.” So we will have a bus for K-2 starting Monday, but not for Grades 3-8 until Emergency Order #9 is lifted
. If you have questions, please call Nelson at 608-221-8417 or email at MononaGrove@NelsonsBusService.com
While meeting with teachers this week, we thought of a few things that will make this safer and easier:
For ALL levels, ECE, 4K & K-8:
- Birthday treats are welcome, if they are store-bought and individually wrapped.
- If you can’t find Clorox/Disinfecting wipes from the supply lists, please do not stress! Just skip it!
- Every student should bring their own water bottle from home (because our bubblers are out of commission).
For Grades K-8:
- bring their own bagged snacks for the day, instead of bringing in boxes of snacks that were listed on the supply list.
- If you are desperate for after-school care, please let the office know. Some teachers may be available after school for care, and we will connect you to discuss details and costs.
- Headphones are VERY important – don’t skip those!
- K-8 students should bring a bath towel to school (for sitting on outside).
Please contact your child’s teacher if you have a specific questions!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal