Eagle Express Newsletter
May 4, 2022
From the Office
Happy Mother’s Day this Sunday to all of our special moms, grandmas, aunts, and mother-figures! God bless you!
I am back from Washington D.C., where I traveled with a few of our 8th graders (all were welcome, only a few chose to attend this year) as well as students and teachers from five other Catholic schools in the Madison area. We had an amazing time! From attending Mass in at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, to learning about the history of our country, seeing many museums, we all learned so much and had a great time doing it! I highly encourage our 7th grade students to attend the trip next Spring – they will not regret it!
Our sister school on the East Side, St. Dennis, suffered a fire at the end of last week. Thanks be to God, no one was injured, but they did lose their art room, computer room, band room, and all of their items for their summer program. We are hoping to help them with that last loss by donating new art supplies and summer toys, or cash donations so they can replace what they need. Please send items or donations, labeled for St. Dennis, by Friday, May 13th and we will deliver!
The following Covid policy is in effect starting this week:
- We will not require masks in classrooms, unless Dane County goes back to a mask mandate. Parents will need to make choices that are best for their student and family.
- If a child contracts Covid, parents will notify the school and we will communicate to that family the dates that their child will need to isolate (5 days from when their symptoms started – the date of first symptoms or positive test is day Zero, and wear a mask through day 10).
- Parents should continue to keep students home when they are ill.
- We will continue to have the right to send students home when they are ill.
Mrs. Snider is helping us with our Field Day this year! She is looking for one parent per grade to assist with Field Day on Thursday, June 9th 8:00-11:00. Please email her at email@example.com if you can assist for all or part of that time!
Enrollment for the IHM Summer Camp (Grade 1-6) is now closed. If you enrolled, watch sometime in May for a confirmation of days that your family will need the Summer Camp – you will have that chance to change your dates if necessary. If you need the Summer Camp but did not yet enroll, please contact the school office.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Tuition assistance is available for students in grades K-8 whose families qualify. Apply for assistance for the 22-23 school year here, please apply before May 15th: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid .
- Sign up for ECE Summer Program! For students who are entering ECE, 4K, or Kindergarten in the fall: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1eibsll0eec2vy/ !
COVID INFORMATION BELOW
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 5-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items.
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
Many thanks to the parents who brought bagels, coffee, juice, candy, and other delicious treats for the teachers for Teachers Appreciation Day! We appreciate our parents, too!
Please join us for the upcoming Home & School Association (HSA) Meeting on May 10th at 7 p.m. For a meeting agenda and link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Scrip Bonuses:
Applebee’s (13%): 4/30-5/6
Chipotle (15%): 4/30-5/6
Outback (13%): 4/30-5/6
Red Robin (11%): 4/30-5/13
Staples (10%): 4/30-5/6
Subway (6%): 4/30-5/6
TGI Friday’s (13%): 4/23-5/6
Help us hit our SCRIP fundraising goal of $10,000 this school year!
IHM Volleyball Schedule
Saturday, May 7
8:00 7/8th Grade at IHM
9:00 7/8th Grade at IHM
10:00 7/8th Grade at IHM
1:00 5/6th Grade at Blessed Sacrament
2:00 5/6th Grade at Blessed Sacrament
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Gymfinity Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades K-5) Also in hard copy
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Gymfinity Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades K-5) Also linked below
Did You Know?The following IHM students received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion on May 1st!Congratulations!