From the Principal
This weekend is Memorial Day, and that is a big deal around these parts! The IHM parish festival kicks off on Sunday, May 26th from 12-10 PM with a volleyball tournament, bands, food, a Euchre tournment and bouncy houses. IHM will also have a float in the Memorial Day parade on Monday, May 27th. Students and parents are invited to march with the float in the parade. Line up starts at 9:00 AM along Monona Dr. – more info will come as soon as we receive it! The parish festival continues 11-5 on Memorial Day – come and play some games, eat some food, and have some fun!
Next week is the All-School Field Day on Tuesday, May 28th behind IHM school. The students will go out to eat a pizza lunch starting at about 11:20, and there will be games and a lot of fun organized by Mrs. Snider. All parents are invited to join us – if you plan on eating pizza, you are welcome – make sure you sign in so we know who ate. Mrs. Snider is also still looking for a helpers for the games, if you are available, it is a fun afternoon with the kids.
This is the last week of class for our 8th grade. I want to say “Congratulations” to them and their families, and wish them great success in the future. They are always welcome to come back and visit us here at IHM – we love to keep up with our graduates and find out what is happening in their lives. Everyone is invited to the 8th grade “Clap-Out” next Wednesday, May 29th at 2:30 PM, as we line the hallways to cheer for the 8th graders.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Our summer camp is open for drop-ins (as long as we haven’t reached the limit of allowed kids that day – call first to confirm – 608-222-8831 x7019) The drop-in rate is $60 per day, and drop-ins are NOT AVAILABLE on Thursdays (due to field-trip tickets and buses being arranged ahead.) Summer Camp is open everyday from June 10-August 9 from 7:30-5:00, closed the week of July 4th. If you still wish to enroll in the IHM Summer Camp Program (for Fall grades K-6) please contact the school office.
- All IHM Library books are due back to the library by Tuesday, May 28th. Books not returned by that date will be assumed lost and charged to your Smart Tuition account for June.
- There will be NO KINDERGARTEN on Friday, May 24th, so Mrs. Hess can run the Kindergarten Experience Day for our future Kindergarten class. If you haven’t RSVP’d yet, please click here.
Many thanks to the HSA Board: President Elizabeth Hoelter, Vice-President Jessica Stainbrook, Treasurer Matthew Matenaer, and Secretary Christina Engelhart for all of their hard work this school year. They put in so many hours of work throughout the year. We really, truly appreciate everything they do to make IHM a vibrant & fun school.
IHM Eagles Athletics
IHM Athletics are done for the year! Thanks to all who came to the Sports Awards Ceremony this week – we will see you next year!
The Athletic Committee is partnering with the IHM Parish Festival to run concessions during the Outdoor Volleyball Tournament on Sunday, May 26 from 12pm – 4pm. We are looking athletes and their families to volunteer for a shift. Sign up here.
The HSA would like to thank everyone for a great year. We urge you to view our informative slideshow linked below as it replaces the cancelled Spring General Meeting. Thanks for a great year!
This week’s links
- HSA Slide Show
- Supply List for 19-20 School Year (Supply lists also available at Teacherlists.com)
- Monona Pool permission slip (Grade 5-7) – also in hard copy
This week’s hard copies
- Summer Camp Packet (for those enrolled in Summer Camp)
- Monona Pool permission slip (Grade 5-7) – also linked above