Eagle Express Newsletter
May 18, 2022
From the Office
The next Eagle Express will come out on June 2nd, we will be skipping a week because Mrs. Winter will be out of the office next week. I will email you next Wednesday with any important information, though, so continue to watch your email!
Mrs. Snider is helping us with our Field Day this year! She still needs three or four more parents to help with Field Day on Thursday, June 9th 8:00-11:00. Please email her at email@example.com if you can assist for all or part of that time!
I would like to invite everyone to a great tradition at IHM, the 8th grade Clap-Out on Thursday, June 2nd at 2:30 pm, where we line the hallways of our school to clap the 8th grade class out of the building!
The Kindergarten through 8th Grade Spring Concert is coming up on this Thursday, May 19th at 6:00 PM! The students should report to their classrooms at 5:45 PM. Performance attire should be comfortable, safe, colorful, and school appropiate, or their school uniform, no need to go out to buy something special. Families can sit on the field; please no animals, no food, no chairs over 6-inches from the ground. Please note that the playground will be closed before and during the performance. We are looking forward to gathering and sharing our music with you! If you can’t make the performance, it will be on Zoom here:
Meeting ID: 890 7740 0052
ECE and 4K Family Music night is next Monday, May 23rd at 6:00 PM! Come make music with Mrs. Binzak, meet at 6:00 PM behind the school!
We have an urgent need for Catholic adult chaperones to accompany our teens into the mission fields to serve others this June! Please contact Rebekah Scaperlanda at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/23 if you can help.
The Eagle’s Nest is in need of your outgrown Lands End uniforms! We are especially in need of smaller sizes and shorts! Drop of during Eagle’s Nest hours or send along with your child to drop off in the bin near the office. Please label the bag with your family’s name.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
- All IHM Library books are due back to the library by Friday, May 27th. Books not returned by that date will be assumed lost and charged to your FACTs account for June.
- Every IHM student receives a yearbook! There is no need to order – the fee is included with your tuition costs! The Yearbook will be sent home near the end of the school year, as soon as it has been printed.
- Sign up for ECE Summer Program! For students who are entering ECE, 4K, or Kindergarten in the fall: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1eibsll0eec2vy/ !
- Tuition Assistance is available for students in grades K-8 whose families qualify. Apply for assistance for the 22-23 school year here: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid .
Important dates for the 22-23 school year (Grades K-8, also on the IHM Google Calendar):
Aug. 31 : 1st Day of School (K-8)
Dec. 22-Jan. 2: Christmas Vacation
Mar. 24 – 31: Spring Break
Apr. 7-10: Easter Break
June 8: Last Day of School
IHM School is committed to maintaining a low student/teacher ratio. Therefore the following policy is in effect for withdrawal of students K-8:
-If you withdraw a student after July 15, you are responsible for 1st trimester tuition.
-After November 15, you are responsible for 1st and 2nd trimester tuition and all fees.
-After February 15, you are responsible for the full year’s tuition and all fees.
Current students are automatically re-enrolled. You need to fill out a withdrawal form to withdraw your student. If you have not filled out a withdrawal form, your student is considered enrolled. Please let us know if you have any questions about this policy.
COVID INFORMATION BELOW
- We will not require masks in classrooms, unless Dane County goes back to a mask mandate. Parents will need to make choices that are best for their student and family.
- If a child contracts Covid, parents will notify the school and we will communicate to that family the dates that their child will need to isolate (5 days from when their symptoms started – the date of first symptoms or positive test is day Zero) and wear a mask (through day 10).
- Parents should continue to keep students home when they are ill.
We will continue to have the right to send students home when they are ill.
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 5-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items.
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
Many thanks to our Volleyball coaches for this season, Mrs. Liz Payne, Mr. Peter Schnell, Ms. Olivia Lynch, and Mrs. Callie Meiller! We appreciate your extra effort towards IHM Athletics!
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Pool Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades 5-7) Also in hard copy
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Pool Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades 5-7) Also linked below
Did You Know?In response to the needs of families who desire a Catholic high school for their students, the Diocese of Madison is pleased to announce the founding of Blessed Carlo Acutis Academy! It is a new Catholic high school in the Diocese of Madison, opening this coming 2022-2023 school year. Powered by Catholic Virtual, Blessed Carlo Acutis Academy will allow us to offer an exceptional experience to our families who currently don’t have a Catholic high school option in their communities. For more information and to sign up for the sessions, click here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avu-q5_Uzs38bagbEqZKSPMmJLeTMwDO/view.