From the Principal
It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that Mrs. Armella Sonn , aged 90, passed away last Friday. Mrs. Sonn was the IHM chef for many years, helped in the office, with morning and lunch supervision in the last couple of years, as well as helping us all in a million other ways, including with sassy wit and amazing cookies. We cannot even express how much Armella has affected us all here at IHM, and no question that she will be greatly missed. There will be a visitation at Gunderson Funeral Home on Monona Dr. on Friday, May 3rd from 4-7 PM, and again starting at 9:00 at IHM Parish before her 11:00 AM Funeral, if you wish to pay your last respects. Please add Armella and her family to your prayers.
As this year is coming to a close, we are already starting on planning next year. Following is a list of the important dates for next year (at least for grades K-8), for your planning purposes:
- Aug. 29 : 1st Day of School (K-8)
- Dec. 23-Jan. 1: Christmas Vacation
- Mar. 27 – Apr. 3: Spring Break
- Apr. 10-13: Easter Break
- June 11: Last Day of School
Mark your calendars for the IHM Spring concerts! The days and times are: ECE/4K Monday, May 13th at 11:15, and Thursday, May 16th at 5:30 (PreK-2nd Grade) & 6:30 (Grades 3-8) PM in the gym. Students can wear pajamas (no slippers), all black, or their school uniform. No need to go out to buy something special.
Enrollment for the IHM Summer Camp (Grade K-6) is now closed. If you enrolled, watch sometime in May for a confirmation of days that your family will need the Summer Camp. If you need the Summer Camp but did not yet enroll, please contact the school office.
Get the first pick of shifts for this year’s Memorial Day Festival, the Backyard Bash! Many hands are needed and shifts are just a couple of hours. Many jobs allow your kids to work alongside you. Sign up online at IHM Festival 2019. Thank you!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- There will be NO KINDERGARTEN on Friday, May 24th, so Mrs. Hess can run the Kindergarten Experience Day for our future Kindergarten class.
- Lunch Change! Next week Monday, May 6th lunch will be Chicken & Cheese Burritos with Rice.
- Calendar Oops! There is NO Fish Fry this Friday! Sorry about any confusion!
Many thanks to Sr. Sue for helping our 2nd grade prepare for their First Holy Communion last weekend! The 2nd grade will plan the school Mass on Thursday, May 16th, and hold a small reception for students and their families afterwards in Marian Hall!
IHM Eagles Athletics
Friday, May 3
- 7:00 8th Grade Boys Volleyball at St. Maria Goretti
Saturday, May 4
- 10:00 6th Grade Boys Volleyball at St. Dennis
- 11:00 6th Grade Boys Volleyball at St. Dennis
- 2:00 6th Grade Boys Volleyball at St. Johm
- 2:00 8th Grade Boys Volleyball at St. Francis
The next HSA Board meeting will be on Tuesday, May 7 at 7:00 in the school library. The agenda is linked below. Please consider running for HSA Secretary! We will be voting for this office at the General Meeting on May 15.
The Spring General HSA Meeting, which one parent from each family is asked to attend, will be held on Wednesday, May 15 at 7:00 PM in Marian Hall. We’re looking forward to seeing you!
This week’s links
This week’s hard copies
- Madison Children’s Museum Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades K-2)