Eagle Express Newsletter
April 20, 2022
From the Office
We hope you had a blessed Easter with lots of time together with your family!
A short letter this week, with a few important points:
- Many families are getting lax about this as the school year starts to wrap up, and it does make our mornings very busy so we want to remind you that if your child is home sick, or will not be in school for any reason (dr. appt, vacation, etc.), you must let us know before 8:30 AM (10:30 AM for PM 4K). You can call the attendance line at 608-222-8831 (press 1), email Mrs. Winter at secretary@ihm-school, or email your child’s teacher. If you have not informed us that it will be multiple days, then you still need to call/email daily. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR US TO CONTACT YOU! We know mornings are hectic and it is one more contact to make, but we can have many more!
- I will be in Washington D.C. with our 8th graders who are attending all next week, so will not be in the office. I will be available on a limited basis by email! I can’t wait to tell you all about the trip, and to get our middle school excited for future trips!
- The deadline to sign up for the IHM Summer Camp is next week, Friday April 29th. Get in before it fills up! There is a lot more info on the sign up form, here: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1x57ph00ottcg0/
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Tuition assistance is available for students in grades K-8 whose families qualify. Apply for assistance for the 22-23 school year here, please apply before May 15th: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid .
- Sign up for ECE Summer Program! For students who are entering ECE, 4K, or Kindergarten in the fall: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1eibsll0eec2vy/ !
IHM School is committed to maintaining a low student/teacher ratio. Therefore the following policy is in effect for withdrawal of students K-8:
-If you withdraw a student after July 15, you are responsible for 1st trimester tuition.
-After November 15, you are responsible for 1st and 2nd trimester tuition and all fees.
-After February 15, you are responsible for the full year’s tuition and all fees.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this policy.
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
COVID INFORMATION BELOW
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 5-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Keep students home if anyone in the home has any symptoms, including adults.
Keep students home if they have been exposed and you are awaiting test results, even if they have no symptoms.
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items.
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
Thank you so much to all of the parents and students that supported our Book Fair! You purchased $3,720.60 worth of books (a new record for a Spring fair!), which means we have $1,362.84 to spend for the IHM Library and classrooms, all thanks to you!! Mrs. Winter has already used some of that to buy books for IHM classrooms, and to replace some outdated non-fiction books in the library!
IHM Volleyball Schedule
Saturday, April 23
8:00 5/6th Grade at St. Dennis
8:00 7/8th Grade at IHM
9:00 5/6th Grade at St. Dennis
10:00 7/8th Grade at IHM
11:00 5/6th Grade at IHM
Sunday, April 24
1:00 7/8th Grade at Queen of Peace
3:00 5/6th Grade at St. Maria Goretti
3:30 7/8th Grade at Queen of Peace
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Nothing this week
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?You are welcome to stay with your children and play on the playground after school! Please wait on the parking lot near the school (on the other side of the penninsula) until the parking lot is clear of cars and pick up is over before you go to the playground! Thanks for your help with this!