Eagle Express Newsletter
March 8, 2023
From the Office
It is the time of year that I need to remind everyone to please follow IHM’s drop-off and pick-up procedures. We know they aren’t always the most convenient, but they are in place to make sure that everyone stays as safe as possible, and we appreciate your cooperation! For drop-off:
- Please do not cross lines of cones when dropping off. It will only take a couple of extra seconds for students to cross the parking lot, and students expect that area to be free of danger!
- Please drop students off in the back up until 8:30. Don’t ring the office doorbell, the back door is open.
- If you need to get out of the car for any reason, please park in the church parking lot and walk students over past the drop-off line, or walk over to collect students from the pick-up area. Parents should escort students through the carline, don’t wave students over to cross the car-line themselves.
- Please do not drive around cars in front of you in the line – wait for the entire line to pull forward and take your turn in exiting the parking lot.
- Pull to the very front of the line so we can fit more cars into the drop-off/pick-up area.
- After school, the playground is closed until car line is finished.
- Please remember to let your child’s teacher know if the plan for their pick up has changed – especially if you want them to go to Fish Fry childcare. Our students are awesome, but they are kids and can’t always remember the plan!
Thanks you for keeping all of our precious people as safe as we can by following the rules!
Please take this quick parent survey to help refine IHM’s technology vision:
https://forms.gle/EGw99KmUhh8sNQom9. Thanks for your time!
The link in last week’s letter was not working, so I am repeating this from last week:
IHM is hosting Vacation Bible School (VBS) this summer from 7/17-7/21 from 9am-noon for children going into grades 4K-6th grade! Contact Marnie with questions at email@example.com. For more info and to sign up, click https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpyQ_kn7X-dsIGfJ93ByurMbXBPQcwyVUAe1K2f6Idk66g0A/viewform!
Wednesday Formation Night tonight, March 8th is Catechesis Night at 6pm in Marian Hall. Our speaker will be Michelle Nilsson from the diocese of Madison talking about The Church & The Holy Spirit.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
Tuition assistance is available for students in grades K-8 whose families qualify. Apply for assistance for the 23-24 school year here: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid . We encourage you to apply if you feel you need assistance; 20% of our current students are receiving some form of financial aid, and most of families that apply some level of financial aid. Please fill out the form by May 15th, 2023.
The sign-ups for our Summer Programs are now open! IHM has two summer programs:
*ECE Summer Program for students entering 3K, 4K, or Kindergarten in the Fall
*IHM Summer Camp Program, for students entering grades 1-6 in the Fall.
There is a lot of information on the sign-up forms, links below. Of course let us know if you have any questions!
ECE Summer Program Sign-Up: https://forms.gle/5VK8EmfqA252yd9i9
IHM Summer Camp Sign-Up: https://forms.gle/DGEppJW4EbA2xPwP6
Mrs. Walters could use donations of plastic & paper grocery bags, and towels/rags for the Fish Fry! Please send them in to be dropped off in the kitchen! Thank you!
If you need to find out how much you paid in tuition or child care last year for tax purposes, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your FACTs tuition account at www.factsmgt.com
2) Click the “View Details” link just to the right of “Payment Plan & Billing”.
3) Use the drop down menu to make sure the box below the words Transactions says “All”.
4) Click the box “View Payment Summary”. The screen will give you a total of what you paid in each category.
5) If you need more help, please email Bernie Heit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125
IHM’s policy from our handbook for requesting homework ahead of vacation or absences: ” No assignments will be given in anticipation of a vacation.”
IHM Covid Policy is: The first day of symptoms or date of a positive test, whichever comes first, is DAY ZERO. They can return to school on DAY SIX, as long as symptoms are improving and they have been fever-free withough medication for 24 hours, and must mask until DAY TEN. If you need help with the dates, let us know! Please report any positive home test directly to Madison Dane County Public Health here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7062626/PHMDCSurvey22-23.
Many thanks to our Alumni Parents that still come to help IHM School, including Joe Stilson (Fish Fry), Scotty Risberg (Fish Fry & kitchen), Shirley Diedrich (kitchen), Cathy Fagen (office), and Therese Ladell (library). Even though their students have graduated they are willing to return to help us out, and we appreciate them!
Thank you to everyone who attended Donuts for Dads! It was a real treat to see our students and the special men in their lives share a fun-filled morning together! Thank you to those who helped, including a special “thank you” to Elizabeth Hoelter for her leadership in organizing the event!
We’re looking forward to another great Fish Fry this coming Friday night! We’ll be hosting a Dine-in & Carry-out event on Friday, March 10th, with carry-out from 4:30-7 p.m. and dine-in from 5-7:30 p.m.. Help us spread the word to family, friends and the community!
Please refer to the attached volunteer roster for a reminder for those who have signed up to help this week. Please watch your e-mail for further instructions from your shift’s volunteer coordinator for many of the shifts. Also, please note that this roster was current as of 3/5/23. If you have made alternative arrangements with the Home & School Association on or after 3/5/23, this roster may not reflect your schedule change. Unfulfilled shifts are subject to the fees as outlined in the information shared with families earlier in the school year.
A reminder that childcare is available for Fish Fry volunteers on Friday from 3-9 p.m. Children must be potty-trained to participate. Please e-mail email@example.com by today, Wednesday, March 8th if your child(ren) will be participating, including name(s), age(s) and shift hours. We hope to see everyone on Friday night!
Watch this space for Spring sports schedules!
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Fish Fry Volunteer Roster
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?
In a study done in 2014, 88% of adults participating in Lent were giving up some item of food for 40 days. Chocolate was the number one food most people were giving up during Lent!