From the Principal
Congratulations to two of our awesome teachers who are both expecting new additions to their families! Mrs. Nicky Booth (3rd grade) and her husband Mike, and Mrs. Jenna Snider (PE) her husband Jim and big-sister Stella are expecting babies around the end of summer/beginning of fall!
Lent is here this week, with the “Seal the Alleluias” prayer service, and Ash Wednesday mass with the students. Each week at 8:30 on the Fridays we have school, the 1-8 th grades will attend Stations of the Cross (PK & K will attend every other week). You are always welcome to join us each week during this time of fasting, giving, and prayer.
If your ECE or 4K student needs care for the upcoming days off in Trimester 3 (3/22, 3/25-2/29, & 4/23), OR you are planning on using the ECE through the summer, please make sure to sign up before this Friday – even if you normally come on a set schedule, you still need to sign up for those specific days to make sure the ECE is open! Here is the link: ECE & 4K Days Off & Summer Sign Up
Enrollment for the IHM Summer Camp Program is open – click this link to enroll: IHM Summer Camp. If you need more information, there is a lot on the enrollment link, or please feel free to call or email the school office. The Summer Program will be held for 8 weeks. There will be weekly themes, they will swim, go on field trips, do arts & crafts, more! Mr. Schnell will be leading the camp again this year, with Kelly Woock (Mrs. KW’s daughter). This program does fill, and enrollment is first-come, first serve so please enroll soon (deadline is April 30th).
The first dine-in fish fry of the season is this Friday, March 8th. If you aren’t volunteering, make sure you come to support the Home & School Association and eat some of the best fish in Dane County! Take-out starts at 4:30, and dine-in at 5:00. Hope to see you there!
Amazingly, Spring conferences are coming up next week. If you did not sign up, a time was assigned to you – you will find it in your child’s green Eagle Express folder!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- There has been a change to the field trip on March 14th. The 2nd grade will attend the Symphony field trip with grades 3-7, and the 8th grade will attend the German Day Field trip. Also, please note that the date on the Symphony Permission Slip was wrong – the right date is Thursday, March 14th.
- We are looking for Moms to help with the Donuts for Dads event from 7:15-8:15 Wednesday, March 13th! Setting up, serving, and clean up – it is all very easy work, (and you can have a donut, too!)! If you can help, please email Mrs. Hess. Thank you!
- If your child will be absent or late, please call (leave a message on the attendance voice mail) or email the office before 8:30 (or 11:00 for 4K PM). Thank you!
- Mrs. Walters could use more kitchen towels! If you have old towels, please bring them to the kitchen!
- The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125.
Thank you to all of the Basketball coaches this season: Tom Conner, Ian Olson, Sue Angileri, Trevor Stebbings, Sam Blahnik, and Ryan Bittner! We really appreciate all of your effort and dedication to our IHM athletes!
IHM Eagles Athletics
8th Grade Boys Teams MAISL Tournaments are this weekend. Check www.maislathletics.org for the schedules. Go Eagles!
The HSA is looking for 1-2 enthusiastic people who may be available to join the Wait Staff from 5:00-8:30 p.m. for the upcoming Fish Fry events on 3/8 and 3/15! Anyone who may be willing to help can contact IHMHSA@gmail.com for more information.
All families will receive a Fish Fry policy and volunteer agreement in their green folders this week. All volunteers are asked to bring the signed forms to the check-in at their first Fish Fry shift.
America’s Best Scrip 2019 pre-order is available now until April 15! This greenhouse offers a generous 25% rebate. Order forms will be in green folders this week.
The next HSA Board meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 12 at 7:00 in the school library. Hope to see you there!
This week’s links
- Madison Symphony Orchestra Field Trip Permission Slip (Grade 2) – also in hard copy
- German Day Field Trip Permission Slip (Grade 8 only) – also in hard copy
- HSA Board Meeting Agenda
This week’s hard copies
- Conference Sign Up Time (if you didn’t sign up yourself)
- Call for Extras Teachers Form
- Fish Fry Alcohol Policy & Infection Control Agreement
- Scrip & America’s Best Order Forms (Back to back)
- Madison Symphony Orchestra Field Trip Permission Slip (Grade 2)
- German Day Field Trip Permission Slip (Grade 8 only)