Eagle Express Newsletter
March 23, 2022
From the Office
In his message about Lent this year, Pope Francis said “Lent is a favourable time for personal and community renewal, as it leads us to the paschal mystery of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For our Lenten journey in 2022, we will do well to reflect on Saint Paul’s exhortation to the Galatians: “Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up. So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all” (Gal 6:9-10).” May this Lent be an opportunity for us all to do good in our communities, family, and world!
Spring Break starts at the end of this week! Here is what that looks like by level:
ECE: No school on this Friday, March 25th. ECE will be open for ECE & 4K Wraparound students that have pre-registered for the whole week of the 28th-3rd.
4K: No School Friday, March 25th – Monday, April 4th. School resumes on Tuesday, April 5th.
K-8: No School Friday, March 25th – Friday, April 1st. School resumes on Monday, April 4th.
We are all looking forward to having a little time off from school. We hope that your family has some extra time to spend together, and everyone comes back revived and refreshed for the end of the school year!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principa
Dress down for Ukraine! The money raised will go to the Catholic Relief Fund for Ukraine.
Dates: March 24, April 7, April 14
Cost: $2 each day the kids choose to dress down
Student should bring money to their homeroom teachers, in an envelope marked with their name and the dates being paid for. If you would like to sponsor another child or give an additional donation please let your child’s teacher know!
- Tuition assistance is available for students in grades K-8 whose families qualify. Apply for assistance for the 22-23 school year here, please apply before May 15th: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid .
- Sign up for ECE Summer Program! For students who are entering ECE, 4K, or Kindergarten in the fall: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1eibsll0eec2vy/ !
- Sign up for Summer Camp! For students entering 1st grade – 6th grade in the Fall, sign up by April 29th: https://immaculateheartmonona.wufoo.com/forms/q1x57ph00ottcg0/
Sr. Sue and the Student Council are asking for donations of small, individually wrapped candies to fill Easter Eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt that the Student Council will be running for students on April 22nd. Please have your students drop the candy off with Sr. Sue!
If you need to find out how much you paid in tuition or child care last year for tax purposes, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your FACTs tuition account
2) Click the “View Details” link just to the right of “Payment Plan & Billing”.
3) Use the drop down menu to make sure the box below the words Transactions says “All”.
4) Click the box “View Payment Summary”. The screen will give you a total of what you paid in each category.
5) If you need more help, please email Bernie Heit at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
COVID INFORMATION BELOW
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 5-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Keep students home if anyone in the home has any symptoms, including adults.
Keep students home if they have been exposed and you are awaiting test results, even if they have no symptoms.
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items.
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
Thank you, to all students, parents, staff, and Mrs. Meiller for their participation, and contributions, making this year’s Kid’s Heart Challenge a success! This is our fourth year, having the Kid’s Heart Challenge at IHM.
Jump Rope Challenge Contestants:
2nd – Violet
3rd – Alaina
4th – Britney
5th – A.J.
6th – Brecken
7th – Rory
8th – Liam
And the winner is……A.J. in 5th Grade
Top Fundraisers at each grade level:
4K – Mabel
K – Annie
1st – Isabella
2nd – Bradley
3rd – Alaina
4th – Britney
5th – none
6th – Chet
7th – Charley
8th – Liam
Top Fundraiser overall:
Alaina Engelhart raising $90.78 in Mrs. Hutson’s 3rd grade class.
Total amount IHM raised for the Kid’s Heart Challenge:
drum roll please…………….$1, 308.57
Please note there will be no HSA meeting on April 12th.
Here are some great Scrip cards with bonuses to get this week! Home Depot at 7% (until March 25th), Chili’s at 16% (until March 26), and Dave & Buster’s at 17% (from March 25 to April 8). Quick! Grab these bonuses while they last!
Help us hit our SCRIP fundraising goal of $10,000 this school year!
Watch this space for Spring sports schedules!
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
April 2022 Menu
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Book Fair Letter & Flyer
Rosary with the Bishop Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades 6-8)
Did You Know?The IHM Dress Code states that uniform shorts and capri pants can be worn starting on April 1st, if the weather is appropriate – which means those items are OK after Spring Break! But watch the daily forecast, because we all know that Wisconsin weather is fickle, and students will need to go outside for recesses, even if they feel they aren’t dressed for the weather.