From the Principal
Spring Break begins with a day off this Friday, March 22nd and all of next week! The ECE will be open for ECE & 4K Wraparound students that have pre-registered on Friday the 22nd, and next week Wednesday & Thursday, the 27th & 28th, otherwise it will also be closed. We are all looking forward to having a little time off from school. We hope that your family has some extra time to spend together, and everyone comes back revived and refreshed for the end of the school year!
The financial packet for the 2019-2020 school year is in the Eagle Express this week. We ask that all families re-enroll online for Smart Tuition by April 26th . Also, if you need financial assistance for next school year, please turn in the appropriate form by that same date. As always, if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
Muffins with Moms approaches – come and enjoy a breakfast with your little ones at 7:30 AM on Wednesday, April 10th. Aunts, Grandmas, and other special people are invited if Mom can’t make it!
Coming up in a few weeks is the Science Fair on Thursday, April 11th, from 5:30-7:00 PM. There are a lot of amazing science project displays to see, and hands-on science demonstrations in the classrooms. The Scholastic Book Fair will also be available during the Science fair! Come to celebrate Science with your children!
Enrollment for the IHM Summer Camp Program is open – click this link to enroll: IHM Summer Camp. If you need more information, there is a lot on the enrollment link, or please feel free to call or email the school office. This program does fill, and enrollment is first-come, first serve so please enroll soon (deadline is April 30th).
Another Fabulous Friday Fish Fry this Friday, March 15th! If you aren’t volunteering, make sure you come to support the Home & School Association and eat some of the best fish in Dane County! Take-out starts at 4:30, and dine-in at 5:00. Hope to see you there!
Report cards were available last week – remember to log in to Teacher Ease, if you haven’t yet! Let me know if you have any questions about access, and contact your child’s teacher if you have questions about grades.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- Lots of illnesses are going around! If your child has a fever or is vomiting, please keep them home while they have those symptoms and for 24 hours after the symptoms have stopped, without medication. Thank you!
- All K-8 students are required to go out the back door at the end of the school day for pick-up and are instructed by their teachers to do so. When parents give them different directions, students have to choose whose directions to follow, and we want to make sure everyone is on the same page. Thanks for your help!
- Mrs. Walters could use more kitchen towels! If you have old towels, please bring them to the kitchen!
- The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125.
- The IHM Dress Code states that uniform shorts and capri pants can be worn starting on April 1st, if the weather is appropriate (and right now that’s a big if!)
Thanks to all of the dads, grandpas, uncles, friends, and other special people that attended Donuts for Dads last week! Thanks also to the IHM Staff, especially Cayla Hess, and to Elizabeth Hoelter, Elizabeth Lynch, Dana Posset, Ashley McGree, Liz Bittner, and Kim Genne for organizing, ordering, shopping, and serving the honored guests!
IHM Eagles Athletics
Watch this space for Spring Sports schedules!
We will be trying a Track & Field Team this year- look for the sign up in this week’s Eagle Express green folders!
IHM Parish News
St. Gianna’s Hour (for Moms) Inviting all mothers to join us for prayer, book study and fellowship on Thursday mornings following the 8:30 a.m. Mass.
Come for a Meet & Greet, snacks and more information on Thursday, April 4, following 8:30 Mass in the Church Meeting Room. Children are welcome! To find out more, text or call Jenny—920-475-6930 or Anastasia—608-358-0677.
This week’s links
This week’s hard copies
- Financial Packet for 2019-2020
- Book Fair Letter & Flyer
- Track & Field Sign Up (Grades 5 – 8 only)