Eagle Express Newsletter
February 8, 2023
From the Office
We hope that all of the students had fun celebrating our amazing school during Catholic Schools Week last week! Thanks to all of the parents that chipped in with their time and donations! Thanks to everyone who shared their talents at the Talent Show! If you would like to order a DVD or emailed file of the recording, please click here: https://forms.gle/bmkaaNHg19YdAEeN6. Order by Thursday, Feb. 23rd.
A friendly reminder to please call or email the school office by 8:15 AM if your child will not be at school that day, unless you informed us of a multi-day absence. We know mornings are busy for families, but we have noticed an epidemic of parents forgetting to call us, which mean we have to call you. By law, we are required to make contact with parents about absences! If you have one phone call or email to make, we have a dozen! Thanks for your help with this!
This is the last afternoon to do these two things if necessary:
- If you do not plan on your students attending IHM in the Fall, let the office know by next Wednesday, Feb. 8th, to avoid being assessed the $75 per family non-refundable re-enrollment fee. Fill out the form here: https://forms.gle/yFBDGc9ivEnQz9YD9
- For siblings that have not attended IHM, and other new students: Priority Application for current IHM families and IHM parishioners for the 23-24 school year ends Wednesday, Feb. 8th . After that, application is open to the public. Apply for the 23-24 school year by logging into your FACTs family portal and clicking the Apply/Enroll link on the menu. Current students at any level do NOT NEED AN APPLICATION! Each application costs IHM money, and current/past students don’t need them!
You are invited to Wednesday Faith Formation Night! Tonight is Catechesis Night in Marian Hall at 6pm. Our speaker will be Michael Mills talking about Jesus descends into Hell and Judgment Day.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
Sr. Sue is in need of candy donations for Candy Grams. Please bring indivually wrapped candy and drop it off for Sr. Sue. Thank you! Remember, the deadline for Candy Grams to be turned in is this Friday, Feb. 10th by 3:00 PM., either to the box in the office or the box in Sr. Sue’s classroom!
If you need to find out how much you paid in tuition or child care last year for tax purposes, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your FACTs tuition account at www.factsmgt.com
2) Click the “View Details” link just to the right of “Payment Plan & Billing”.
3) Use the drop down menu to make sure the box below the words Transactions says “All”.
4) Click the box “View Payment Summary”. The screen will give you a total of what you paid in each category.
5) If you need more help, please email Bernie Heit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125
IHM Middle School (Including current 8th Graders) have to opportunity to participate in Love Begins Here (LBH) on 6/12-15 at St. Joseph, Dodgeville.
To register: https://madisondiocese.org/lbhregistration
IHM Covid Policy is: The first day of symptoms or date of a positive test, whichever comes first, is DAY ZERO. They can return to school on DAY SIX, as long as symptoms are improving and they have been fever-free withough medication for 24 hours, and must mask until DAY TEN. If you need help with the dates, let us know! Please report any positive home test directly to Madison Dane County Public Health here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7062626/PHMDCSurvey22-23.
Thank you to all who donated to our Souper Bowl of Caring during Catholic Schools Week! We collected 714 cans of soup, and many other items of food, to donate to the Goodman and River Food Pantres! Thanks to Mrs. Lipski for organizing the drive, and driving the soup to it’s destination!
Saturday, February 11th
8:00 6th Grade Boys at IHM
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Nothing this week
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?
Our IHM retreat dates have been set! Please save the date, more information to come:
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION: 3/18 10-12:30pm @ IHM
8TH GRADE: 4/24-25 @ Camp Gray
MIDDLE SCHOOL: 4/28-29 @ Camp Gray