From the Office
Advent is here, and the students in grades ECE, and K-8 will be participating in weekly Advent prayer services on Wednesday mornings. As Pope Francis reminds us, “Advent is a continuous call to hope.” May you and your family feel the hope of the Advent season!
There are many illnesses raging at IHM School right now, including colds and influenza, with a few cases of Covid as well. I wanted to remind you of a few policies that we have:
- If your child has a fever, please keep them home until they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours. Same with vomiting.
- Remember to email or call the school to let us know your child will not be in attendance by 8 a.m., EVERY DAY they will be gone. For example, if your child stays home sick Monday and Tuesday, you need to contact school BOTH days, please do not assume that the Monday contact will suffice for Tuesday. If you know ahead of time that they will be gone for both Monday and Tuesday and inform us of that on Monday, then one call/email is enough. It is state law that the school must know where the students are every day. The school office is routinely having to contact over 15 famiilies a day, and we do not have a dedicated attendance person! You can email the teacher, Mrs. Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our dedicated Absence voicemail at 608-222-8831.
- Please err on the side of caution if your child isn’t feeling great. Keep them home for a day to monitor their condition.
- If your child has covid-like symptoms, we would appreciate if you test them for Covid.
- If a student has covid, the policy at IHM is:
- The first day of symptoms or date of a positive test, whichever comes first, is DAY ZERO
- They can return to school on DAY SIX and must mask until DAY TEN
- If you need help with the dates, let us know!
- Thank you for your help with keeping IHM safe and healthy!
I wanted also to remind all parents the a signed permission slip for field trips is required to be turned in by the day before the trip at the VERY latest, no exceptions. Email permission for field trips will not be accepted. Students without signed permission forms have no where to go at IHM during the trip, and should therefore stay home or parents will need to come to get them.
The 4th grade Christmas Stocking Raffle started today! All IHM students can buy raffle tickets from Mrs. Lipski and the 4th graders for stockings that are displayed outside of the office until next Tuesday, Dec. 20th. Tickets cost $1 apiece, 6 for $5 or 12 for $10. Winners will be picked before noon on Wednesday, December 21st. Proceeds will be going to Catholic Schools affected by Hurricane Ian.
Please join us tonight, 12/14, for our Wednesday Formation Night! The focus will be on Catechesis and we have a wonderful speaker lined up – Meg Aspinwall! We encourage all parishioners and school families (children and adults) who desire to deepen their formation in the Catholic faith and our community to join us. We will then break out into groups for a discussion. If you are able, please meet in Marian Hall from 6-7:30pm.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal