Eagle Express Newsletter
November 17, 2021
From the Office
During this month of Thanksgiving, let’s remember to be grateful every day for the blessings that God has given to us. We here at IHM are grateful that you have chosen IHM to be your partners in educating your children and sharing our faith.
The Dane County mask mandate ends on Nov. 27th, with no plans to be reinstated. After talking to other Catholic schools, Fr. Chad, and parents, we have decided that masks will be mandatory until January 3rd, after that they will be optional but highly recommended. We especially recommend masking for two weeks after vacation until January 18th, in order to clear the possible 14-day incubation period after traveling and seeing family over the holidays. Thank you for your understanding and patience with this transition. Of course, if Dane county reinstates the mandate, we will need to follow it again, and if the situation changes we may need to reevaluate.
The Monona Grove 4K students will need to follow the policy of the Monona Grove School District regarding masking.
Grandparents Day is coming up on Tuesday, November 23rd. Grandparents are invited to come with us to mass at 8:30 AM on that day. Students can sit with grandparents, if they like. Grandparents should meet students at church. There will be no reception or open house in the classrooms, but Grandparents are invited to come back and shop the book fair if they are interested.
Parent-Teacher Conferences for ECE, Kindergarten, and 2nd-8th grades are next Tuesday, Nov. 23rd. I hope the online Sign-Up Genius helped you find a time that works best for your family. If you did not sign-up online, a time has been appointed to you. Please see your Eagle Express for that time.
Report Cards will be available for grades 4K-8 on Wednesday, December 1st. The report cards for K-8 will be available on your FACTs account. 4K report cards will be available on your Infinite Campus account.
From Public Health Madison & Dane County:
“Public Health Madison & Dane County continues to provide vaccines for 5-11 year olds at the Arena at the Alliant Energy Center. This week, have expanded the number of appointment slots per day to 500. We have many open appointment slots, including during this week.
Appointments are required at the Arena. To make an appointment, go to our website: https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/vaccination-appointments
We also have a page where people can learn more about the Arena and what to expect when they’re there. “
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world. On behalf of Fr. Chad, the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Callie Meiller, Princ
- You don’t have to send cash with your kid’s to the Scholastic Book Fair if you set up an eWallet! You can go to the IHM Fair website here https://www.scholastic.com/bf/immaculateheartofmaryschool and add funds to an electronic wallet. Only the funds that you approve will be able to be used, you can set amounts for each sibling, and you don’t have to send cash to school with your kids! Parents are welcome to shop the Book Fair before school from 7:00-7:30 and after school from 3:15-4:00 this Thursday, Friday, and next Monday, or from 9:30 am – 8:30 pm on Tuesday, November 23rd. Pay by credit card, check, or cash!
- Please send your child with two masks every day. We do have masks for those who forget, but we are cruising through them!
- Long pants and tights/leggings under skirts are now required until April 1st. Thank you for sending your child dressed to keep warm while they are outside!
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 6-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Great Christmas Gift Idea! Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.