Eagle Express Newsletter
October 25, 2023
From the Office
We hope that you all had a nice, long weekend, or at least that the students did!
Our Grandparents Day is coming up on Tuesday, November 21st. Grandparents are invited to come with us to mass at 8:30 AM on that day, and are invited to come back to school for a classrooms open house, a reception, and to shop the book fair if they are interested! It is a half-day of school for grade K-8, so the festivities and school will end at 11:00 AM. See the flyer linked below for more info!
Remember way back in the summer, when you filled out the enrollment packet, you “signed” a waiver for field trips at IHM. That means no more field trip forms for you to sign and then lose on your kitchen island, and no more forms for our teachers to have to keep track of! Of course, we are still planning on informing you when your child will be attending a field trip. The first “Field Trip Notification” is linked to this email for our Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade students. More trips are planned for other grades, so you will begin to see these in the Eagle Express approximately 3 weeks before the trip. Field trips are also always included on the school Google Calendar. Please note the grades attending on the notification, so you know if it pertains to your family. Please also note that field trips are considered an important part of learning at IHM, and all students are expected to attend field trips, if possible. If you do not wish your child to attend, you must keep them home while their class attends the trip. Please inform your child’s teacher if your child will not attend. Thanks!
It is time to sign up for parent-teacher conferences for Grades K-8!
- Conferences are Tuesday, November 21st from 12-8 PM, and last 15 minutes each.
- Middle School students should attend their conference with their parent/guardian, K-5th grade students should NOT attend.
- Each student should have ONE conference time for all parents.
- Contact your childs teacher if you need more than one conference for your student or if you can’t make the scheduled day.
- A translator will be provided if you need one. Please let your teacher know if you would like a translator.
- Sign up for a conference time by Friday, November 10th. If you don’t sign up by then, you will be assigned a time.
Please use the links below to sign up for your child’s conferences. You will need to enter your name and an email address, but you do not need to create an account. If you need help, please call or come into the school office and we will assist you with finding a time that works for you.
1st Grade: https://forms.gle/Hd1eUJc1hWpFeLji8
2nd Grade : https://forms.gle/PNV6ZRLDqYGJTq4o6
3rd Grade : https://forms.gle/RwRLQuyw7Hpwzdhq9
4th Grade: https://forms.gle/hWLtgqsss1aqHLdM9
5th Grade: https://forms.gle/g79KhYEnyJC4YtsJ9
Middle School: https://forms.gle/sBddZDkrE8NJNKxF9
Faith Formation for tonight, October 25 is Lay Witness Testimony Night in IHM Marian Hall at 6pm. Our speaker will be Tom Sandine. Tom has experienced a deepening conversion in the past few years and has launched a Saturday morning men’s group as he seeks to help other men grow in their relationship with the Lord. He has a great story to share about his journey!
Catholic schools provide a firm foundation for your child’s growth and development. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let’s be a community of service to each other and to our world. On behalf of Father Chad, Father Bill, Father Mark, and the teachers and staff of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, God bless you for choosing Immaculate Heart of Mary School!
Peace & Blessings,
Callie Meiller, Principal
The annual IHM Trunk or Treat event will take place on Friday, October 27th from 5-7:30pm in the IHM parking Lot. Please bring chairs or blankets and please click this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E49ACAD23A1FF2-44798041-ihmtrunk if you would like to decorate your trunk, bring a food item or sign up to help with the event (all are optional).
Remember to register your 3rd-8th Grader for StoryBook Theater’s performance of Rapunzel by November 8th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoHgeBgttVdaHFfA1GNoqYNo72Gs3xJtky0RVQwxfYhB3BZQ/viewform
Support IHM’s Washington DC Trip by Shopping for Tiny Saints! Visit www.tinysaints.com and fill your cart with all your favorites; then, at checkout, use the “Choose a Fundraiser” dropdown to select Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School (Monona, WI).
A reminder that next Tuesday, October 31st will be a No Uniform Day. Students can wear halloween shirts, colors, or their favorite color. No Halloween costumes at school, please. Wednesday, November 1st, All Saints Day, will be a no-uniform day for students dressed as Saints! If students are not dressed as a Saint, they should be dressed in a uniform. Our All-Saints Day party, hosted by Sr. Sue and the Student Council, will be Wednesday afternoon!
IHM Illness Policy:
COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 Communicable Disease/Illness
Check your student for symptoms daily before school:
- Fever (100° or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea or vomiting, when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache, when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies), when in combination with other symptom
*Vomiting and fever may or may not be associated with COVID-19. If your student is experiencing only one of these symptoms, they may return to school once the symptom has resolved after 24 hours without the use of medications.
If one or more of these symptoms are present, please keep the student home. The CDC recommends testing for COVID-19 with a PCR test or rapid antigen test (home test or administered at a pharmacy or clinic). Please contact the school to report illness and absence, and test results.
Please also keep students with these symptoms home:
- Fever or chills (without other symptoms): Check temperature with a thermometer. If the temperature is 100 or higher, keep the student home until their temperature remains lower than 100 for at least 24 hours without giving fever-reducing medication such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- Nausea/Vomiting/Diarrhea (without other symptoms) within the last 24 hours. Keep the student home until they tolerate their regular diet and there is no nausea/vomiting/diarrhea for at least 24 hours.
- A rash or communicable infection (such as pink eye, strep throat, mono etc.) Keep the student home from school and call your health care provider for further medical evaluation.
Students can return to school when their symptoms have cleared, according to the guidelines above.
Thank you to all of you parents! We really appreciate you being extra cautious when your children are sick, and keeping them home if they have suspicious symptoms, letting them stay home that one extra day, and getting them tested for COVID if necessary, as well as communicating all of that to us in the office! We appreciate you!
See you at MOOYAH tomorrow! Skip cooking and the mess and come out to MOOYAH in Sun Prairie, Thursday Oct. 26 from 4:30 – 8:00 PM. Don’t forget to mention IHM Washington, D.C. Trip or show the attached flier when ordering in-restaurant. Want to order ahead? Use Promo Code: SUNPRAIRIEFUN for online orders through the MOOYAH Rewards app. Thank you for your support!
Don’t Forget SOUP’S ON orders are due by 10/29. See last week’s EE for Details!
Good news! Shopping with Kohl’s gift cards now has richer earnings AND more flexibility with eGift cards. Earnings increase:
- Earnings on all Kohl’s gift cards from RaiseRight have increased from 4% to 7%.
- Variable eGift card amounts: eGift cards now come in variable amounts from $5-$500, so you can choose the amount that’s right for you.
Saturday, Oct. 28
8:00 5/6th Grade WHITE at IHM
9:00 5/6th Grade GREEN at IHM
10:00 8th Grade Girls at IHM
11:00 8th Grade Girls at IHM
Sunday, Oct. 29
12:00 5/6th Grade GREEN at IHM
1:00 8th Grade Girls at IHM
2:00 5/6th Grade WHITE at IHM
This week’s links (at the bottom of the email)
Grandparents Day Flyer
Children’s Museum Field Trip Notification for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grades
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?
The IHM Office is happy to provide letters for programs that need a letter from your child’s school. However, we need to know exactly the details that need to be included in the letter! When asking us for a letter, please remember to include the details needed! Thank you!