From the Office
Because it is the season, we want to let you know what to expect if school needs to close for bad weather. Usually we follow the decision of the Monona Grove School District as to closings. The factors they consider to determine if schools will be CLOSED:
Large amounts of accumulation
Drifting and blowing
Unsafe road conditions throughout the district
If a Wind Child WARNING is issued by the National Weather Service, schools will most likely be closed.
If a Wind Chill WATCH is issued, schools will be open.
A decision to delay or close schools will be made by 6:00 a.m. on school days. Parents who feel the weather conditions pose an undue risk for their child are encouraged to use their own judgment in making a decision whether or not to send your child to school.
See the flyer linked below and the Talent Show entry form in your child’s take-home folder for a few fun Catholic Schools Week events! The lip-synch battle can be completed by any family at home! The Talent Show will be held during school hours and recorded, with recordings available. See the flyers or email Mrs. Binzak at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Register now for SAC After School Programs! Open Gym (Grades 4-8) and Cocoa and Canvas (Grades 2-8) will be offered this winter. See the registration form in your child’s backpack for more information. Registration due Jan. 24th.
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- The IHM federal tax ID number is 39-0828125
- CURRENT ECE & 4K students: Please fill out the survey found here about your plans for the 2022-2023 school year, as well as for summer 2022: https://forms.gle/zDqomonaQEnGScku9. Please complete even if you are undecided, or your child not return to IHM for the Fall. Complete this form before Feb. 16tt to get priority for a spot in your preferred class.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED – LAST CHANCE: If you want to order a DVD of the IHM School Christmas Concerts, please go to this order form and order by this Thursday, January 20th: https://forms.gle/GHCJ27mgCZ3WSZhZ6. DVD’s are $13 each, and we will charge you for them on your February FACTs withdrawal.
- Do you have a child at home who you want at IHM next fall? You need to fill out an application for them, to get them into our system! Log into your FACTs Family Portal, click Apply/Enroll in the menu, then Application (New Student), and click to open the application! Make sure to choose the correct school year – next Fall will be 22-23. Apply before Feb.16th to ensure their space in the class! Please do not fill out the application for a child that is currently attending IHM School. See directions for Current ECE & 4K students above, or re-enrollment below!
- Re-enrollment: For current ECE and K-7 students, IHM School will assume that your child will be returning for the 22-23 school year, unless we hear differently from you. You will be assessed a non-refundable re-enrollment fee of $75 on the Feb. 25th tuition withdrawal unless we hear from you that your plans havechanged for next year by Feb. 10th. After Feb. 10th, the enrollment fee for all families increases to $200 ($100 refunded after the school year begins).
- Masks at IHM are mandatory until February 1st, after that they will be optional but highly recommended, unless the County Mandate changes, or the Covid situation changes. Please note that he Monona Grove 4K students will need to follow the policy of the Monona Grove School District regarding masking. All staff with 4K will also be masked.
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 5-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Keep students home if anyone in the home has any symptoms, including adults
- Keep students home if they have been exposed and you are awaiting test results, even if they have no symptoms.
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items. Don’t wait for us to ask!
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
So many thanks to parent Ashley McGree for running our Eagle’s Nest used uniform store! We appreciate Ashley’s time and talent!
Read here each week to see why you need to Shop With SCRIP. This week: Woodmans. They accept debit and Discover. But when you Shop With SCRIP, you get 2.5% back AND the school gets 2.5% back.
As a reminder, anyone who purchases SCRIP in January, regardless of your purchase amount, will automatically be entered into the January SCRIP drawing to win a $50 gift card of your choice. There are typically less than 20 school families in the drawing, so your odds are pretty good. The RaiseRight App makes ordering SCRIP super quick and easy; email email@example.com if you’d like assistance setting up or navigating this app on your phone.
IHM Basketball Schedule
Saturday, January 22
8:00 8th Grade Girls at High Point Christian
9:15 6th Grade Boys at Abundant Life
11:30 6th Grade Boys at Queen of Peace
Sunday, January 23
12:00 7th Grade Boys at Sacred Hearts
These forms are linked below AND in hard copy in your child’s backpack
Tyrol Basin Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades 6-8)
Ice-Skating Field Trip Permission Slip (Grades 1-5)
SAC After School Extras Registration Form
Talent Show Entry Form
This flyer is only linked below
Lip-Synch Contest Flyer
Did You Know?
IHM Students will be participating in a Catholic Schools Week service project! We will be making birthday party boxes for children who are unable to have a birthday party. These boxes will include a cake mix, decorations and a gift for children under 12. Our goal is for each classroom to make a box that will then be donated to the Sandburg Elementary food pantry to give to families in need. Please look for information coming home from your child’s teacher about what you can do to help fill the boxes!