Hi IHM Parents! It is the HTML code that makes our emails pretty that seems to be causing the problem, so I am abandoning it this week! Hopefully it will be back next week! And I pray that you don’t actually receive the approximately 30 test emails that I sent out as I tried to diagnose the problem! If you do, my apologies! Peace, Mrs. Winter
From the Office
The Omicron Covid variant has definitely been strongly felt at IHM the last few weeks. In the interest of keeping IHM open and available for as many children as possible, we strongly urge parents to:
- Keep students home if anyone in the home has any symptoms, including adults
- Keep students home if they have been exposed and you are awaiting test results, even if they have no symptoms.
- Let the school office know the situation at your home: if your child has symptoms, if they were exposed to a positive covid case, if you are waiting for test results, or if they are Covid positive, AND the exact dates for those items. Don’t wait for us to ask!
- Let the IHM School office determine that day your children can return, and adhere to that date.
Thank you for your help with this crazy time. We pray that the surge is over quickly, and we can go back to our somewhat-normal schedule!
“Catholic Schools: Faith. Excellence. Service.” is the theme of this year’s Catholic School Week, starting on January 30th. A schedule of all the week’s special activities is linked below – make sure to look at it carefully, there are special things happening every day. There will be a kick-off Mass at 10:15 on the 30th. Please consider attending this mass and open house to be a visible “Thank You” to the parish that supports our school, students can wear their uniforms!
Priority Application for current IHM families and IHM parishioners starts today, Wednesday Jan. 12th and goes through Feb. 16th.
- Applications are needed only for NEW STUDENTS, including SIBLINGS OF CURRENT STUDENTS.
- See the Application FAQ attached for the link to the application, and more information.
- After Feb. 16th, applications are open to the public, and it is first-come, first-serve. Make sure to apply for new students before Feb. 16th!
- Please spread the news to anyone you know who may be interested in IHM School. Also view or share our Open House flyer and ECE flyer, linked below. Parents are our best advertising! Don’t forget to have new families mention on their application that you referred them and collect your $250 referral credit (credited on November tuition)!
RE-ENROLLMENT: For current ECE and K-7 students, IHM School will assume that your child will be returning for the 22-23 school year, unless we hear differently from you. You will be assessed a non-refundable re-enrollment fee of $75 on the Feb. 25th tuition withdrawal unless we hear from you that your plans have changed for next year by Feb. 10th.
CURRENT ECE & 4K students: Please fill out the survey found here about your plans for the 2022-2023 school year, as well as for summer 2022: https://forms.gle/zDqomonaQEnGScku9. Please complete even if you are undecided, or your child will not return to IHM for the Fall. Complete this form before Feb. 16th to get priority for a spot in your preferred class.
There is a lot more information about Re-enrollment on the letter linked below. Re-enrollment forms will be available in mid June.
And if you have read this far, thank you for your attention! If we could, we’d bring donuts and coffee to your house every week and fill you in on the news, but we depend on you reading what we send! So thank you again!
Catholic Schools provide a firm foundation for the growth and development of your child. Pray for a year filled with faith and learning. Let us be a community of service to one another and to our world.
Callie Meiller, Principal
- There are free poinsettias available in the back of church, feel free to take them.
- DEADLINE THIS FRIDAY: If you want to order a DVD of the IHM School Christmas Concerts, please go to this order form and order by this Friday, January 14th: https://forms.gle/GHCJ27mgCZ3WSZhZ6. DVD’s are $13 each, and we will charge you for them on your February FACTs withdrawal.
- Masks at IHM are mandatory until February 1st, after that they will be optional but highly recommended, unless the County Mandate changes, or the Covid situation changes.
Please note that he Monona Grove 4K students will need to follow the policy of the Monona Grove School District regarding masking. All staff with 4K will also be masked.
- Staff and students should not come to school if they have or develop:
1 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever (or chills) above 100.4 within 24 hours, new loss of taste or smell, *Vomiting and/or Diarrhea* – is not a very common sign of COVID -19 but exclusion is advised until able to tolerate your normal diet 24 hrs after vomiting/diarrhea stopped.
2 or more of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, sore throat
If a student has 1 or more of the symptoms in the 1st list, or 2 or more of the symptoms in the second list, they should stay home until they are symptom-free without medication for 24-hours OR if they have a negative Covid test 6-7 days after symptoms start. Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for keeping everyone healthy and safe!
- Use this site to order IHM Spirit Wear: https://ihm.socceretcdirect.com/index.php?route=common/home. Click on “School Delivery” under Delivery Method, orders will be delivered to IHM, and we will send them home with your child as soon as we receive them! If you add a name to the bottom of the order, where it says “Name if applicable,” it will add your that name to the piece of clothing. Please note that personalized items cannot be returned, so make sure your sizing is correct.
Thank you to our IHM 4th graders! They take out the recycling for the whole building weekly! What a great service!
The HSA would like to extend a special welcome to our new Secretary, Sarah Hodkiewicz. ‘Thank you’ to Sarah for offering her time and talents to this important position on the Board!
Scrip will be available for sale after mass this weekend! If you’d like to purchase Scrip, or simply have questions on purchasing Scrip, or setting up online ordering, please stop by!
As a reminder, anyone who purchases SCRIP in January, regardless of your purchase amount, will automatically be entered into the January SCRIP drawing to win a $50 gift card of your choice. There are typically less than 20 school families in the drawing, so your odds are pretty good. The RaiseRight App makes ordering SCRIP super quick and easy; email email@example.com if you’d like assistance setting up or navigating this app on your phone.
IHM Basketball Schedule
Saturday, January 15
8:00 8th Grade Girls at IHM
9:15 6th Grade Boys at IHM
10:30 8th Grade Girls at IHM
12:45 7th Grade Boys at Abundant Life
Sunday, January 16
1:15 7th Grade Boys at St. Dennis
2:30 7th Grade boys at St. Dennis
This week’s links (at the bottom of this email)
Priority Application Letter
ECE Program Flyer
Open House Flyer
Catholic Schools Week Schedule
This week’s hard copies (in your child’s backpack)
Nothing this week
Did You Know?
Our contract with Monona Grove for 4K has ended, as of next Fall. IHM will continue it’s strong 4K program under the umbrella of the ECE! Next fall, the ECE will consist of a 3K and a 4K classroom, both 3K and 4K will be available all-year:
4-year-olds and young 5’s
5-days a week, full days
3-year-olds, either full or part-time
4 & young 5-year-olds who want a part-time program